Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wax Samples

One of the best tips I can give you to help you build your business is to make wax samples and attach them to your business card. I always carry my business cards with me where ever I go. I give them to cashiers as I check out at Target, Wal-Mart, grocery store, the gas station, drive thrus, etc. I also leave them with tips for our waitresses at restaurants, in public bathrooms on the counter next to the sink, on every cork board I can find & pretty much anywhere else I can think of! I also place them in bags with my customer's orders, in hostess packets, recruiting packets, give them out at parties, mail them to my customers/hostesses (Click here for another inexpensive way to make samples to be sent in the mail or if you live in a warmer climate), etc.  I plant seeds EVERYWHERE! You never know who will see them, who you will run into and the conversations you will have. When venturing out in to the world, there is opportunity everywhere! Never leave your house brand naked!

Below is the step by step process of how I make my wax samples. First, you will need the following supplies:

  • Bars of wax to be melted
  • Soap or candy molds found at your local craft shop
  • Glass Pyrex measuring cup
  • Little jewelry zip lock baggies
  • Labels to identify the scent
  • Your business cards
  • Stapler
  • Scissors to cut your labels if you are using plain paper
  • Oven mitt
  • Paper towels
  • Newspaper or something to protect your working space

 
 
 
 
Break up a bar of wax and place it in the measuring cup. Microwave for NO MORE than 2 minutes. (Over heating a glass Pyrex measuring cup will cause it to burst. You must be cautious of how hot the glass is getting)
 
 
 


Here is what the wax will look like after 2 minutes on high. DO NOT MICROWAVE ANY LONGER! Let the heat from the glass do it's job.
 
 


Here is another 2 minutes sitting in the microwave, with no heat. The heat from the glass melted the wax even more.
 
 


At this point, you may help it along but only heat in 30 second intervals. Remember to let the glass do it's job too and be patient! AGAIN, DO NOT OVER HEAT!

Once the wax is fully melted, pour into your molds. (The glass will be hot! I strongly urge you to use an oven mitt for this step!)

Shown below is one bar of wax, you can see how many samples you can get if you use small molds vs. larger molds. (I got a little excited towards the end there and over filled. OOPS!)


 
 
 

Once the wax sets, place it in your freezer for 10 minutes.

 
 
 

The wax will then just fall out of your mold!

 
 


Simply place them in little jewelry baggies with the label on the back side (mine are on printer paper and slid inside the baggie too, but you can use actual labels and adhere them to the back of the baggie.) Then staple them to your business card!

 
 

Ta-Da! Super simple way to share you Scentsy Business with others!


 
NOTE: If you are a part of more than one Scentsy Family Brand and are doing an expo or event, you must use a brand specific business card. You absolutely cannot cross market your businesses. The cards shown above are ok for everything else. (I personally have 4 different business cards, one for Scentsy, Velata, Grace Adele & all three together.)
 
 
I'd love to hear your comments: Where do you leave your business cards/samples?


1 comment:

  1. I've never used this type of wax before I would really like to try itry it my name is Krissy butt's 1032 pint top Blaine what 1 can't helmet Florida if you're able to send me a sample of some different smells

    ReplyDelete